A rural idyll in an urban setting
At our nursery, we seek to provide students between the ages of 16 - 25 years appropriate education and employment opportunities. We teach our students valuable life lessons through our focused training through our Preparation for Life and Independence Plus course. They play a key role in maintaining, planting and harvesting our produce, learning about horticulture and experiencing the outdoor environment.
One-stop retail outlet for all your needs
Our garden centre offers a range of ornamental home and garden items and craft items made by our students and local artists and many other products that would make a perfect gift. We run workshops and school holiday events throughout the year, including: Easter egg hunts, a teddy bears' picnic, forest schools and we can also organise children’s parties
. Visit our centre to see our upcoming events and what we've planned for the year ahead.
Why choose Umberslade Nurseries?
- Garden centre with a welcoming tea room serving breakfast, lunch and freshly ground coffee
- 90% Plant stock grown by our students
- Craft items made by students and local artists
- Regular workshops for students and their guardians
- DBS checked staff
- Official members of the Federation of City Farms and Community Gardens